R5 Secure AIS
The R5 Secure AIS System is based on the R5 Supreme AIS product, but offers great benefits for qualified customers. In addition to working as a Class A transponder, it will give access to other modes of operation, enabling encrypted communication between selected units and other additional capabilities.
The R5 system features cutting edge digital radio technology, resulting from more than five years’ research into software defined radios. Sharing radio technology with military grade systems, the R5 technology is a big leap forward into the future of AIS radios. The highly versatile R5 platform will continue to evolve as new requirements are introduced.
The Supreme version of the R5 technology provides the user with a flexible, future-proof product. The large colour touch-screen display and multitude of interfaces make the system highly appropriate for integration into modern networked bridge solutions.
Why Secure AIS from Saab?
- Outstanding technical solution with secure communication on a dedicated channel.
- No negative impact on the normal AIS traffic, which is a problem with systems using standard binary messages.
- No limitations on the throughput of data – the utilisation of the available bandwidth is fully user controlled.
- The secure functionality is embedded in the mobile AIS transponder products, no external application required.
- Saab Secure AIS – Additional functionality that offers encrypted information exchange without affecting the normal AIS operation.
- Support for the secure solution is available for all AIS products from Saab, including mobile transponders, base stations, network and presentation systems.
- 7" ultra-bright high contrast colour LCD
- Touch screen, keypad or USB keyboard control
- Ethernet, RS-422 and USB interfaces
- Optional additional display units for redundant or slave operation
- Use USB memory for quick software upgrades, data logging and more
- Automatic, manual or remote dimming
- Pilot plug integrated in display
- Full AIS-SART support
- Text messaging
- VHF communication test function
- R4 Navigation Sensor Compatible
- Gimbal or flush mounting