Nautopilot 5000 NX
NautoPilot 5000NX is a new Anschütz autopilot. It includes unique algorithms that ensure highly precise steering performance where it is needed, even at low speeds. NautoPilot 5000NX also includes the world's most comprehensive range of fuel-saving features that reduce emissions and cost. Reduced fuel consumption also improves the Carbon Intensity Indicator (CII) rating of the respective ship.
Reduced fuel consumption
Fuel-saving features optimise rudder movements and minimise fuel consumption.
- Heading and Rudder Plot, Course Control Mode, ECOnomy mode and Toe Angle function optimise steering characteristics, reduce rudder activity or reduce rudder angles (and speed loss).
- Autopilot functions and settings alone or in combination reduce fuel consumption by 2.5 %.
- Less fuel consumption means less cost, less emissions and an improved CII rating.
Proven steering algorithms ensure highly precise and reliable steering in heading control, course control and track control modes.
- Excellent steering performance even at low speeds, which is of special importance when navigating narrow sailing areas, islands and archipelagos.
- In course control mode the autopilot compensates drift deviations automatically. Approved as part of a track control system in combination with ECDIS NX
- Crews can rely on intuitive operation and full fingertip control, with user adjustable limits for permanent sensor and performance monitoring.
NautoPilot 5000 NX is your best choice today and ready for the future:
- Long product lifecycle and a standardized, future-proof hardware
- Support of standardized bridge alert management
- Support of standardized Ethernet communication according to IEC 61162-450 (most installations will use Ethernet in future)
NautoPilot 5000 NX fuel-saving autopilot
Speed, rudder movements, weather conditions and the characteristics of the ship all affect steering performance. Years of experience in the field have shown that Anschütz autopilots contribute significantly to fuel savings when adapted correctly to these conditions. The NautoPilot 5000 NX has been developed based on this experience and offers the widest range of features on the market that, alone or in combination, help to reduce fuel consumption. This has been confirmed in sea trials.
Heading & Rudder Plot
Rudder activity increases fuel consumption and costs. The Heading & Rudder Plot provides an instant overview about heading, set heading and rudder activity. This transparency allows the bridge team to monitor steering performance, and adjust and optimize autopilot settings in order to minimize rudder activity.
In Course Control mode, NautoPilot 5000 NX steers the vessel on a course-over-ground line and automatically compensates for drift deviations. The travelled distance between two points is reduced to a minimum automatically, and sailing the shortest distance has effect on fuel consumption. Continuous heading adjustments lead to smaller rudder angles and less loss of speed compared to manual operation.
ECOnomy Mode (Adaptive Mode)
The ECO mode makes the NautoPilot 5000 NX smart. The autopilot permanently monitors the actual yawing movements of the vessel, depending on load and sea conditions. Symmetrical movements as well as movements that do not need to be corrected due to the inertial behavior of the ship are filtered out and not corrected by the autopilot. The result: permanent fuel savings through less rudder activity at the push of a button.
Toe Angles (dual rudder vessels)
With Toe Angle, NautoPilot 5000 NX provides fuel saving for dual rudder vessels. The steering characteristics and energy efficiency are optimized with an offset (toe angle) of the rudders to each other. Test runs with real installations have proven significant fuel savings when the toe angle is set optimally considering speed and draught.
For more information, please download the brochure!