HRG Maintenance Free Compass
The Anschütz Standard 30 MF Gyro Compass is the second generation of maintenance free gyro compasses from Raytheon Anschütz based on hemispherical resonator gyro (HRGs) technology.
The use of HRG technology together with the simple design makes it extremely reliable with no wear and tear and no need for maintenance. The mean time between failures (MTBF) value of Standard 30 MF is more than 100,000 hours which is a multiple of the MTBF values of optical gyros (such as FOGs).
The HRG technology has already been used in Horizon MF – the predecessor of Standard 30 MF – and has proven its reliability and accuracy in more than one hundred installations. The new Standard 30 MF is even smaller as its predecessor, can be used as rate-of-turn indicator (required for vessels above 50.000 GT according to SOLAS) and features an optimized integration into a Raytheon Anschütz heading management system. With Ethernet and CAN-bus interfaces, cabling efforts are minimized.
The Anschütz Standard 30 MF Gyro Compass has a strong focus on robustness. Among others, Standard 30 MF settles at rough-seas and provides heading output (with reduced accuracy) even if speed and latitude input fails – a significant difference to other compass systems.
For vessel with DP system, Standard 30 MF offers an additional benefit: some classification societies allow to replace a motion reference unit (MRU) with the roll and pitch output of Standard 30 MF. This reduces investment cost but also maintenance cost as no periodical drift calibration is required.
Facts & Features
- High accuracy of 0.25 degrees, ultra-robust design
- Highly cost-effective over lifetime through maintenance-free technology
- Superior and durable HRG technology (MTBF >100,000 h)
- Significantly better longterm stability than an FOG, no drift
- Heading sensor and MRU in one (roll and pitch output), thus reduction in investment and maintenance cost
- Settling time of only one hour, settles at rough sea states
- Heading monitor and selector with automatic switch-over (configurable)
- Automatic speed / latitude error correction
- Individual speed error correction
- Independent transmitting magnetic compass (TMC) path
- Ethernet interfaces for data communication with Integrated Navigation Systems or Central Alert Management Displays
- Perfect for installation in newbuild and for retrofit projects or an extension of Standard 22 gyro compass systems
- IMO approved for standard and high-speed crafts and as rate-of turn indicator
For more information, please download the brochure.