Standard 22 NX Gyro Compass
The Standard 22 NX is a gyro compass, a nonmagnetic compass that uses a motor-driven gyroscope to indicate true north. Anschütz designed the Standard 22 NX for high accuracy, reliability and operational safety even under harshest environmental conditions for all kind of ships. With interfaces for serial data, Ethernet and Bridge Alert Management it offers easy installation and integration.
Based on latest gyro compass technology Standard 22 ensures highest accuracy and maximum reliability under all environmental conditions. Operational safety was dramatically increased due to a patented data transmission technology that completely replaces the use of slip rings. Combining proven technology and long maintenance periods with most advanced features, Standard 22 is a long time secure investment with lowest operation costs.
The upmost in reliability is offered by Standard 22 NX thanks to its use of unique sensor technology and a robust design that reduces environmental influence (i.e. shocks, vibrations). The high accuracy and reliability of heading information has been proven in over 15 years and more than 20,000 installations.
- Inductive and optical data transmission, no slip rings that are subject to wear
- Unique resistant design reduces environmental influence (i.e. shocks, vibrations)
- Reliability and best accuracy of heading information under any environmental condition, proven many times even in high latitudes
- 24 months warranty for gyrospheres (see GToB)
Type approval & standards
- Compliance to Ethernet data communication according to IEC 61162-450.
- IMO approved: standard and high-speed crafts and as rate-of-turn gyro
- Compliance to Bridge Alert Management (BAM) standards
Highest operational safety under harshest environmental conditions.
- High accuracy of 0.4° sec lat rms (in average)
- Integration of up to four sensors, including third-party compasses (up to three gyro compasses, or two gyros and a GNSS THD, and a magnetic compass)
- CAN bus based real time network with up to 400m cable length
- Heading monitor, with manual or automatic switch over of gyro compasses
- Automatic correction of magnetic heading by deviation and variation (with GNSS receiver)
- Quick settling mode
Facts & Features
- High accuracy of +/- 0.1 degree
- Quick settling function
- Manual and automatic speed / latitude error correction
- Compass monitor and selector with automatic switch-over (configurable)
- Central alarm reset
- Integration of magnetic compass, Standard 21 GPS compass and external rate-of-turn gyro
- High precision ROT output accuracy acc. to IMO
- IMO approved including high-speed craft (HSC)
- Modular product range to meet individual requirements
- Integrates seamlessly into your system environment due to a multitude of interfaces and formats
- Short installation time
- Low lifecycle costs due to maximum reliability and long maintenance intervals
For more information, please download the brochure.