Ecdis NX Compact
An Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) displays the information from Electronic Navigational Charts (ENC) and integrates multiple sensor information into a common display for maximum level of awareness.
The ECDIS NX Compact is a pre-configured system of a 24" multi-touch panel-pc and the ECDIS NX application. It offers „plug and play“ installation and supports customers with unsurpassed user-friendlyness and easy handling at a competitive price. Optimized for retrofits, the ECDIS NX Compact is equipped with interfaces for Ethernet and IEC 61161-1 (NMEA).
Easy familiarization for Crews
Intuitive to operate thanks to a modern, clear structured UI.
- Multi-touch and intuitve interaction patterns like point-to-chart, drag and drop or retractable panels
- Quick access bar and wizard guided workflows for standard use cases
- Embedded online user manual and free online type-specific ECDIS training
Secure & futureproof investment
Ready for future: modular features and compliance with standards.
- Future-proof hardware and operating system
- Ongoing IMO compliance (e.g. new ECDIS test standards, such as S-100)
- Growing scope of modular features, easy to update
- Global service network in case you need help
Reliability right from the beginning, and reduced cost and efforts.
- “Plug & play”: total installation time is about one hour
- Software installation and update is done via USB, supported through Wizard
- Four standard configurations prepared and selectable during installation
- Hardware installation and cabling follows standard procedures
Better situational awareness, less workload, ongoing compliance.
- Smart tools for voyage management, such as Wizard based route planning
- ETA calculation and speed of advance (SOA) for individual waypoints in UTC or local time
- Graphical editing of routes, supported through intuitive interaction patterns (e.g. drag’n drop)
- Editable look ahead zones for anticollision, route monitoring and anti-grounding
- Filtering tools to reduce unnecessary alarms
- Support of Admiralty Information Overlay (AIO)
- Radar video overlay
- Emission control areas (geo object events)
- Additional charts: ARCS, BSB, DNC
Modern, future proof hardware
- 24" Panel PC with multi-touch (incl. zoom)
- i7 Quad Core processor, 240 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM
- Dual power 24 VDC/ 115 & 230 VAC
- Display resolution 1920x1080
- 8 x IEC 61162-1 serial phoenix connectors (NMEA)
- Identical cut out and table mount bracket as ECDIS24
- Ergonomic laser dektop trackball with scroll wheel, IP 68
- Mechanical connection kit for EMV-compliant cable strutting
- USB thumb drive with software installation wizard IEC 61174 Ed. 4 type approved
- ECDIS NX software (Synapsis Ed. 5.xx)
- State of the art Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system