Standard 30 MF
Standard 30 MF is a maintenance-free gyrocompass and attitude reference system based on Hemispherical Resonator Gyros (HRG) for superior reliability and highly accurate heading, rate-of-turn, roll and pitch information
Standard 30 MF uses superior hemispherical resonator gyro technology, known from air and space applications, proven in more than 500 compass systems.
- Ultra-robust design, high accuracy over lifetime without drift
- Settling time of only one hour, settles at rough sea states
- Provides heading output even if speed and latitude input fails - a significant advantage over other compass systems
- Heading sensor and MRU in one (roll and pitch output), thus reduction in investment and maintenance cost
- Webserver functionality for configuration,software update and diagnosis – no need of proprietary tools
- Approved as gyro compass, gyro compass for high speed craft and rate-of-turn indicator
- State-of-the-art design and maintenance-free operation make Standard 30 MF perfect for demanding newbuilding and retrofit projects.
- Superior and durable HRG technology, MTBF>100,000 hours
- Less complex than other strap-down compasses,such as FOG, resulting in long lifetime and high long-term stability
Highest operational safety under harshest environmental conditions.
- High accuracy of 0.25 degrees, ultra-robust design
- Integration of up to four sensors, including third-party compasses (up to three gyro compasses, or two gyros and a GNSS THD, and a magnetic compass)
- CAN bus based real time network with up to 400m cable length
- Heading monitor, with manual or automatic switch over of gyro compasses
- Automatic correction of magnetic heading by deviation and variation (with GNSS receiver)
- Quick settling mode
Standard 30 MF interfaces
A modular product range enables different system configurations - from a single compass up to a multi compass system consisting of magnetic compass, Standard 22, Standard 30 MF and redundancy in distribution.
The integration into the heading management system is realized through redundant CAN interfaces. The CAN bus reduces the wiring effort between the components to a minimum, over a distance of up to 400 meters with real-time communication.
Modular system architecture
Standard 30 MF standalone
The stand-alone system comes with 4 serial output interfaces and an analog +/-10V interface for rate-of-turn. Therefore, the Standard 30 MF can also be used as a rate-of-turn indicator (required for vessels above 50.000 GT). Speed and latitude are taken in as serial data. Automatic speed / latitude error correction are standard features. In addition, the Ethernet interfaces can be used for data communication, e.g. with an integrated navigation system.
Standard 30 MF heading management system
The heading management system allows to connect up to 3 gyro compasses and integrates a magnetic compass or GNSS compass. 12 serial outputs are available in addition to the outputs of the Standard 30 MF for the connection of heading receivers, such as for repeaters,autopilots, radars amongst others. Sensor selection is done with the operator unit. The monitoring threshold for a heading difference between different compasses can be defined by the user and is continuously monitored.
Standard 30 MF heading management system with redundancy in distribution
This system provides a redundancy of the distribution system – in addition to the redundancy of compasses, so no single failure causes a loss of heading information to the connected heading receivers. This system (with two gyros) is compliant to the demanding class notations DNV NAUT-OSV/OC/AW, LR IBS and ABS NIBS.